The hamlet of Blagny, located on the slope overlooking Puligny-Montrachet, has been inhabited since Gallo-Roman times, as evidenced in the numerous fragments of Gallic tiles discovered in the ""les ravelles"" area. The first reference to vines in Blagny stems from the 12th century. In 1184 the Abbaye de Maizières, a Cistercian abbey, acquired the Blagny estate from the cathedral chapter of Langres. The barn that was established by the abbey at that time would become one of its biggest wine resources over the course of the 13th century. Attached to the Cistercian abbey until the Revolution, the estate would go on to be sold as a national asset before being bought in 1811 by the family of the current owners. The main dwellings, the barn, and the Saint-Denis chapel, built in the 15th century, remain there since medieval times. Thanks to the diligence of the monks in the cultivation of the vines and in winemaking, Blagny had already become highly renowned for the quality of its wines by the 18th century. Just like all seven generations before him, Etienne de Brechard is now charged with preserving this excellence.